Friday, May 8, 2015

Getting closer

How crazy is it that we are now only slightly more than a week away from getting married? I honestly never thought I would ever get married again, but here I am. And do you know what? I have never been happier in my life. I always used to cringe at the phrase "I am marrying my best friend." It just felt so forced, so required, so...untrue when it came out of their mouths. I would always huff and say something to myself about it being no wonder they don't have any other friends, but now I understand it.

I have never felt this before, that feeling that you get to spend the rest of your life with someone who truly is the best part of you. A person who understands you in ways nobody else can, someone who truly loves you for who you are and not who they can make you be. I am immeasurably lucky to have found someone like Liz and I honestly cannot wait to say "I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment